Insurance can now be purchased any time prior to penalties being imposed (excluding the administration fee effective at time of booking). Travel insurance cannot be purchased after the first penalty date has passed. We advise that you discuss your insurance needs at time of booking. While you can defer obtaining travel insurance until a later date is it strongly advised to be purchased at least 2 weeks prior to the first penalty date.
Think you don't need travel insurance? Think again.
Even when you’ve planned your trip down to the last detail, the unexpected can happen. It is best to be prepared for those unexpected expenses and emergency situations.
Travel insurance can help. Here are some real-life situations involving travellers who were glad to have theprotection and assistance it provides when it counted most.
62-year-old Jason was on vacation in Venice, Italy when he started to experience chest pains. He was sent to the nearest hospital for emergency surgery.
- Ambulance and hospital stay: $14,500
- Travel insurance: $285
Jason purchased Craig Travel’s All-inclusive medical emergency plan and was refunded for the entire amount.
76-year-old Brenda broke her ankle walking down the street while she was on a tour in Mexico and needed to be brought home earlier than expected.
- Economy flight home, and unused portion of the tour: $2,800
- Travel insurance: $515
Brenda purchased Craig Travel’s Trip Cancellation plan and was reimbursed $2,800.
Retirees Jessica and Tom were on a Mediterranean cruise when Jessica suddenly became sick and had to return home.
- Economy flight home, and unused portion of the cruise: $4,300
- Travel insurance: $320
Jessica and Tom bought the Craig Travel All-inclusive Package Plan and were reimbursed for the unused portion of the cruise, including the economy flight. Had she used her credit card coverage, she would have only received a $1,500 refund.
We offer comprehensive travel protection so you can enjoy a worry free journey. The Craig Travel All Inclusive Insurance Package Plan covers 4 main types of insurance including:
Trip Cancellation: up to the nearest $1,000 increment of your trip cost
Trip Interruption: up to $20,000 / person
Emergency Medical: up to $5 million
Baggage: up to $1,500 per person
All insurance policies come with some limitations and exclusions of which you should be aware. Please read the insurance policy carefully and contact Craig Travel or Allianz Global Assistance if you have any questions.
For all new passengers booking a journey and wishing to take the Craig Travel All Inclusive Insurance Plan, an eligibility questionnaire must be completed and submitted to Craig Travel.
Click below for your printable version of the Insurance Questionnaire.
If you live outside of Ontario your policy must be issued by Allianz Global Assistance directly. Just follow the steps listed below to complete the process. If you have any questions please feel free to call your Craig Travel Sales Specialist at 1-800-387-8890.
- Determine the total cost of your insurance premium by using the insurance calculator at the top right of this page or call one of our sales specialists for a quote.
- Age Range = your age on the date the journey departs.
- Trip Length = the number of days on your chosen journey as noted on the journey page
- Trip Cost = prices listed on our website. Please refer to the pricing tab of your desired journey for full price details and be sure to factor in any upgrades, supplements or price changes based on your air gateway.
- Call Allianz Global Assistance at 1-800-491-0851, and give them the Craig Travel reference number of 3447.
- Request to purchase the Craig Travel All Inclusive Insurance Plan.
- Provide any information requested by Allianz Global Assistance.
- Ensure you are quoted the same value given by the insurance calculator or by your Craig Travel Sales Specialist.