Craig Travel, a leader in group travel since 1969, is a family owned travel company that designs, creates and operates its own escorted journeys by land, sea and river to a host of worldwide destinations. We are looking to fill the following positions:
Although we may not be hiring for all departments at this time we will collect and keep resumes on file should a position become available in the near future for positions other than those posted below. Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com indicating the department(s) you prefer to be employed in: Group Sales, FIT Sales, Operations, Marketing, Product Development, Accounting, Admin or Customer Service.
- Minimum 1 -2 years’ experience in the travel industry with broad travel industry - work experience with groups in operations a distinct asset.
- Air ticketing experience preferably with Apollo
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
- Self-motivated / quick study / resourceful / responsible
- Very detail oriented / computer literate
- Good communication skills - excellent spoken / written English
- TICO Certified
Reports to the Operations Manager and works closely with sales staff. Primary responsibilities include the smooth and accurate functioning of all travel groups
Role and Responsibilities
- Handle all back office functions of groups once product is functional
- Once groups are assigned by the Operations Manager, Operations staff are responsible for ongoing communication with the suppliers for their groups, ensuring that suppliers are updated as required with rooming lists, flight info etc.
- Ensure that all related passenger information is collected from sales and compiled into operations documentation
- Keeping group files up to date and complete and share this information with sales staff
- Become aware of any and all events that may affect the operation of a group, including but not limited to religious and other holidays, political and civil disturbances, weather systems etc.
- Receive and work on complex deviation requests for individuals in their group files, providing sales with detailed information regarding availability, features and costs for all such requests
- Ensure all changing information (air schedules, hotels, inclusions, costs, etc) related to their groups is correctly documented and advise sales and other applicable in house staff that are affected
- Correctly calculate group-related payments (time and amount) before sending to accounting for payment; alert Operations Manager immediately if there is any discrepancy or concerns
- Compare and search for better fare/pricing for group related quotations and inform Operations Manager promptly for further negotiation
- Make and confirm all travel arrangements related to group travel: transfers, hotels, flights, deviations from the group and other related matters
- Issue BSP tickets as applicable with correct fare basis etc. as per airline contracts
- Advise the Operations Manager of problem areas and possible solutions and explanation for clients and sales
- Provide updates of changes in advertised program to the Operations Manager prior to final documentation for explanation to clients and to Marketing department for web and brochure updates
- Responsible for final documentation, ticketing, etc. and for ensuring distribution of same in a timely manner - all final documents MUST be checked and verified
- Respond immediately to any problem areas resulting after distribution of final documents, resulting from errors in documents or/and changes in arrangements
- Group Escort documentation - prepare Group Escort manual for finalization and approval by the Operations Manager (include all deviation, special notes, problem areas to be addressed, Escort instructions, etc.)
- Arrange funds, documents, etc for Group Escort
- Quality control of group departures
- Quality control of documentation sent to passengers
- Tracking and recording credit card payments in details for groups and group related expenses
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org