Domestic and international rules and regulations relating to COVID19 continue to evolve. The Government of Canada, as of June 20, 2022, has removed vaccination requirements for air and rail travel in Canada (more details below).
To ensure the smooth operation of our group programs Craig Travel will continue to require all passengers on our group programs to be fully vaccinated least 14 days prior to departure.
Those wishing to purchase independent travel will be subject to the rules and regulations governing domestic / international travel at time of departure, and/or those set by the travel vendors with services to be rendered.
As of 12:01am on June 20, 2022, the Government of Canada removed the vaccine requirement for domestic air and rail travel. Travellers must still adhere to the rules of foreign destinations. Passengers participating in cruise travel in Canadian waters must still be fully vaccinated.
- As of June 20, 2022, at 00:01 EDT, vaccination will no longer be a requirement to board a plane or train in Canada.
- This change does not affect border measures that require all travellers entering Canada to continue following entry requirements, including vaccination.
- Other public health measures, such as wearing a mask, continue to apply and will be enforced throughout a traveller’s journey on a plane or train.
- Given the unique nature of cruise ships, including the fact that passengers are in close contact with each other for extended periods of time, vaccination against COVID-19 is still required for passengers and crew on cruise ships.
- Adherence to strict public health requirements on cruise ships will still be required.
Some journeys will include nations and/or vendors that will have different vaccination requirements. Entry requirements and travel protocols are changing on an ongoing basis. Craig Travel will monitor these details and will provide details as needed and upon request.
As you can appreciate and as we have all seen, the travel landscape is changing at a rapid pace and there will undoubtedly be further adjustments to advisories and travel requirements in the future. The requirement to be vaccinated and other related protocols are sure to be a temporary. We thank you for your understanding.
NOTE: If you are currently booked on one of our group journeys and have no intention or desire to be vaccinated, we ask that you contact our office now or as soon as possible to advise us. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or other reasons, please let us know and we will counsel you on a case-by-case basis. Exceptions to vaccination requirements are rare.